Estimated Arrival: Between Sep 22 and Sep 28. *ETA to USA Only
Shipping & Returns: Satisfaction guaranteed 30 day return policy.
We offer knobs for all versions of the Meade 8” f/10 and f/6.3 Schmidt-Cassegrain secondary, including those with three, four, and six secondary screws. (The extra screws on the four- and six-screw versions are for secondary disassembly, not collimation.) Select knobs for your telescope from the list below. Please use care to select the correct knobs for your telescope. Each knob set is different and they are not interchangeable. Price is for a complete set of knobs.
Fits: Meade 8” (20 cm) f/10 SCT versions with six screws on the secondary housing (LX90, LX200, LX200ACF, LX200R, LS-8 SC and ACF, LT-8 SC and ACF, others). The inner screws are for collimation
- The factory dust cover fits normally with Bob's Knobs installed on most versions. If your dust cover contacts the knobs, we provide a set of spacers that attach to the inside of the dust cover to move it slightly away from the secondary assembly. Contact us for a free set. You can also press the center of the cover from the inside to contour it for additional clearance.
- See our FAQ and technical paper for additional information on installing Bob's Knobs on Meade telescopes with six factory secondary screws.
- Your user manual from Meade may claim that the outer secondary screws are for collimation adjustment. This is incorrect. The inner screws (with knobs in our photo) are collimation screws. The outer screws are for disassembling the secondary.
- Pre-2005 Meade 8” telescopes have three screws on the secondary housing. The 3-screw secondary requires different knobs. Do not use knobs for the 6-screw secondary on the 3-screw secondary. The screws on the 6-screw knobs are too long.
- An Allen wrench for removing the factory collimation screws is included with your order.
Black plastic, 13mm (1/2”) diameter
Black anodized aluminum alloy
We know that once you've placed your order, you are anxious to receive it! We make every effort to get your order shipped out to you as quickly as possible.
As soon as you place your order, you will receive an order confirmation e-mail. This means that we have received your order in our system and pre-authorized your credit card for the purchase. We will process the charges to your credit card and your order will ship within five business days from the date of your order. We will send you tracking information within 24 hours of your order leaving the warehouse to the e-mail address you provided when checking out. If you do not receive tracking information from us within six business days of your order, feel free to follow up with us at email@example.com.
Standard shipping time in the US is between 3-5 business days, though it can vary slightly depending on the destination. We typically For updates on your shipment you can enter your tracking number here.
We distribute nationwide via UPS and Fedex. Unfortunately, at this time we are not able to provide expedited or international shipping.